Results-driven solutions consultant with over 10 years of experience delivering record revenue generating technical solutions for the ad-tech and e-commerce industries. Motivated entrepreneurial minded leader and communicator bridging the gap between sales and engineering teams. A self-starter with proven expertise delivering enterprise integrations for B2C/B2B clients from initial discovery, proof-of-concept to deployment.
Creative Juice Levels
Front-End Web Development
Back-End Web Development
UI and UX Design
Display / Video Advertising
Apr 2015 - Present
Director, Solutions Engineering
Playwire - Deerfield Beach, FL
Provided technical product expertise in partnership with C-level executives during sales cycle to win new business and deliver world-class ad-tech solutions for clients. Key contributor to continued company growth and expansion into new product categories including mobile apps and gaming companion applications.
- Led technical product demos employing consultative selling to close strategic $10m+ enterprise deals
- Launched a company milestone product category – Mobile App advertising, which resulted in new revenue
- Directed cross-functional teams to deploy custom ad-tech integrations in multiple digital platforms such as: desktop, mobile web, mobile app, OTT, gaming consoles and gaming companion apps
- Increased display advertising revenue by 74% by conducting technical audits and optimizations
- Enabled business development teams with custom demos, technical training and technical sales support
- Translated vital client feedback into functional and technical requirements for engineering teams
- Hired, trained and developed a technical staff to service client and business development technical needs
- Streamlined the client technical onboarding experience which reduced client deployment time by 58%
- Instituted a company first Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey system integrated into CRM software
- Introduced a technical issue reporting and tracking system which drastically reduced support triage time
- Improved technical customer support via a new knowledgebase, API Documentation and product demos
JUN 2013 - APR 2015
Front End Engineering Manager
Fanatics - Philadelphia, PA
Exceeded division revenue sales goals for the official e-commerce retail stores of the NFL, NHL, NBA and flagship Fanatics web properties in partnership with marketing, engineering and creative services teams.
- Pioneered a countdown timer and other promotional technical solutions using a rigid data driven AB testing and development process resulting in an increase of 2.3% in online sales conversion rates
- Conceptualized, developed and deployed interactive shopping experiences for iconic brands such as Nike and Under Armour which increased time spent on page by 7% during peak holiday sales season
- Worked cross-functionally to manage development and deployment of high traffic online sales promotions – contributing to a company milestone; growing annual revenue to over $1 billion in 2014
Feb 2011 - May 2013
Certicell - Laguna, Philippines
• Implemented cost saving production strategies in cooperation with management and
engineering teams resulting in a 53% decrease in LCD parts replacement cost
• Performed as a technical liaison between marketing communications and operations
managers, web development team, IT technicians, and systems programmers
• Directed UX/UI design and development of internal inventory management platform
Mar 2009 - Feb 2011
Web Development Consultant
Various Clients - Philadelphia, PA
• Engineered social media traffic funnels to drive higher conversion rates and sales
• Designed and developed responsive, cross browser compatible web and mobile sites
• Created video and photographic marketing collateral for use on websites and marketing
• Consulted with business owners to formulate brand identity and marketing strategies
• Formulated effective methods of marketing through print, web and video mediums
Graduated Fall 2009
Bachelor’s of Science Degree: Marketing
West Chester University - West Chester, PA
Director of CRM, Sportsbook at Penn Interactive
"Working hand in hand with Al through several projects for the official online stores of the NFL and NHL, he's the type of leader any team should want on their side."
VP of Engineering At Playwire
"Al is very well spoken, he has a way of communicating technical details in a clear, easy to understand manner. In addition to his skills, he is a great energy to be around on projects, better than a cup of coffee!"
Director Cargo Strategies at Strategic Rail Finance
"Al has the ability to quickly absorb very complex concepts (think Supply-Chains) and translate these business model concepts into both language and graphical representations that generalists are able to understand. Every time we raise the bar, he clears it by a foot."
Engineering Team Lead, CommandLink
"Al Rivera is a great professional to work with. He transformed our website from the ground up and delivered a product above our expectations."